Okoboji Boat Works Ship Store Manager
The Ship Store Manager must have strong leadership, management and customer service skills. A
strong work ethic is essential along with an energetic and outgoing personality.
- The store manager must have the ability and willingness to master the required softwarethat is used in this job. Programs include but may not be limited to Dock master, point ofsale, boat rental software, Google sheets, Excel and the fishing/trail permit license machine.
- Must be able process purchase orders, transfers and inventory adjustments and reconcilethe end of day financials between rental software and Dockmaster POS.
- The store manager includes the management of personnel. The importance of having areliable and qualified staff cannot be overemphasized. This person is responsible for thehiring, proper training, scheduling and coaching of employees.
- Must work with supply vendors to achieve proper inventory levels for resale.
- Responsible for reservations of rental boats and boat slip rentals. Must work very closelywith the boat rental manager.
- Must gain knowledge of all machines in the convenience store and provide propermaintenance and training to the staff. (Popcorn, ice cream, slushie dispensers, coffee and cappuccino, hot dog warmer, etc.)
- Must oversee the merchandising of the sales floor with clothing and water accessories to
- facilitate sales of merchandise.
- The store manager is also responsible for the vacation rentals of the Marina District. Thisincludes the making of reservations, coordinating the cleaning of properties and providing proper supplies for guests. Adequate knowledge of the VRBO software is required.
- Other duties assigned by senior management to contribute to team goals.
This is a year around full time position with overtime pay during high tourist season, Memorial
through Labor Day. Weekends and some evenings are required, with much more flexibility to be
enjoyed during non-peak season. This position is located on the water, at Okoboji Boat Works, 1401
Lakeshore Drive in Okoboji. Pay is commensurate with experience, but we can train the right
candidate. Great employee bonus plan and benefits. Live and work at the upper Midwest’s most
beautiful resort destination!
Submit resumes or inquiries to email@example.com
If you prefer a paper application, download below and submit by email or drop it off.