Hospitality General Manager
Hospitality General Manager
High seasonal volume multiple location restaurant/bar, located in Northwest Iowa tourist destination is seeking a
Hospitality General Manager to oversee the success of all Restaurant and Bar Operations for the Marina District
Properties. This role is responsible for the recruitment, training and retention of Hospitality department employees for
seasonal and year-round employment. This position will promote the culture, training and quality of all food and
beverage locations, and support the execution of all food, beverage and hospitality throughout the Marina District
Properties. This position will ensure that all food and beverage locations are in compliance with all local, state and
federal regulations. Pay will commensurate with experience. Great employee profit sharing plan and benefits.
• Post job openings for all marina departments across a variety of platforms to optimize visualization.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, motivation, evaluation, discipline and termination of team
• Conduct virtual and in-person interviews for potential employees.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to onboard newly hired employees and ensure all legal paperwork is
completed prior to beginning employment.
• Complete scheduling for all Hospitality locations and conduct staff meetings and in-person orientation training
• Promote employees and develop succession strategies throughout the Hospitality department.
• Set pay rates for new hires with guidance from owners.
• Execute employee retention strategies.
• Develop orientation and training resources for new hires explaining basic company policy
• Develop strategies for the profitability of the food and beverage at all locations.
• Communicate to staff members all specials and marketing information so it is understood and promoted by all
• Ensure spectacular customer service and consistent quality product.
• Develop and maintain relationships with vendors for both food and beverage.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all food and beverage locations.
• Maintain a secure inventory of all food and beverage.
• Assist in Menu development to ensure a progressive and profitable product line.
• Ensure employee discounts and IDs are updated according to employment status.
• Review time cards weekly for discrepancies.
• Oversee training shifts for front of house and back of house staff to ensure all pertinent information is passed
along in an appropriate manner.
• Work closely with owners to execute the vision of ownership and maintain a culture that exemplifies Marina
District core values..
• Oversee basic financials for all Hospitality locations including: delivering deposits to the accounting department,
verifying backup money balances and creating daily sales reports for owners.
• Guarantee that all locations are abiding by all restaurant codes, health inspector regulations and other state and
• Coordinate and meet with the Iowa Alcohol Beverages Department and ensure all laws and codes are being
followed at each hospitality location.
• Help in the planning and execution of private and marina related events.
• Assist in the success of employees and locations, by visualizing and streamlining back and front of house
• Act as a floor manager at all locations when needed.
• Work alongside all departments to recruit, interview and onboard seasonal staff members
• Other duties as needed.
• 2-3 years’ service industry management experience with responsibility for financial results and employee
• Ability to work a flexible schedule of nights, days, weekends and holidays with some flexibility offered in non-
peak season and overtime in-season.
• Excellent team leadership and customer service skills. Exemplify integrity and accountability at the managerial
• Exceptional customer service skills required
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills required
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer skill, business math and accounting skills required
• Knowledge of food and labor cost
• Enjoys working with people
• Ability to create a fun environment for customers and staff
• Self-motivated and highly energetic
• Valid Driver’s License
APPLY DIRECTLY TO DEBBIE@PARKSMARINA.COM
If you prefer a paper application, download below and submit by email or drop it off.